ARCS-Arci Culture solidali is recruiting a Project Manager for its operations in Lebanon.|Deadline for application: 11 March 2022.
Position: Project Manager.
Starting from: March 2022.
Duration: 10 months with possibility of renewal.
Duty Station: Beirut (Lebanon), with frequents trips to other areas of the country.
Sectors of intervention: Livelihood/Protection.
General information about the project
The project, which will be implemented in Lebanon, in the area of Balbeeck-Hermel, is a 3-pillar intervention that place youth based social cohesion mechanisms at the centre of the initiative, in strong connection with protection and livelihoods components. The intervention aims at reducing social tensions and expanding protection spaces for target communities by adopting a comprehensive approach which focuses both on engaging Syrian refugee and Lebanese youth as actors of social change in the displacement-affected communities and on improving local stakeholders’ (authorities and private sectors) capacity and commitment to build networks and respond to community challenges.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Set up and supervise the implementation of project activities in close cooperation with the partner, project staff, local authorities and coordination bodies to ensure project objectives are achieved within the prescribed timeframe and within the parameters of the grant received;
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult partner and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, and stakeholders in all stages of project implementation;
- Plan the project expenditure and ensure the expenditure of budgets are compliant with ARCS and donor finance requirements;
- Implement and supervise M&E plan, including data collection and monitoring, assessments and evaluations, and devise possible mitigation strategies;
- Ensure that all project reporting (internal and external) and other project documents are completed in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with ARCS and donor requirements;
- Supervise and coordinate local project staff, ensuring a positive working environment and good team dynamics.
- University degree in International Studies, Public Policy, Political Science, Social Science or related fields;
- At least 2-year professional work experience in humanitarian/development sector;
- Previous work experience in Lebanon in humanitarian/development sector;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Italian;
- Good command of Office and windows applications, including word processing and spreadsheets;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with diverse stakeholders and institutional actors;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Sharing mission and values of ARCS, adherence to ARCS Code of Ethics and Policies.
- Previous work experience with ARCS, particularly in the Middle East and Lebanon;
- Basic knowledge of Arabic;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV to address the requirements above to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Project Manager Lebanon – Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application. Please apply with just one email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.